Cork, the general manager of Shaw's Restaurant and Inn,
also offers cooking classes in Shaw's newly renovated
"I want to inspire, give them confidence to cook at
home," said Cork, who is a graduate of the Culinary
School at Kendall College and has been a chef in Chicago
for 17 years.
Cork interacts, entertains, and educates her class as
she prepares her culinary delights. The class is limited
to about 14 people and is held every Saturday for about
Where and When:
- The classes
are demonstration in style and held on Saturdays from 10:30am to
12:30pm in our Studio on the third floor of the Inn
- The class ends
with lunch paired with an optional glass of wine (for a
reasonable fee) and a typed set of recipes for you to take home
- Bottles of
wine are available for purchase
- Coffee, tea
and water are provided
- Classes range
from $45-59 and include lunch and typed recipes
- In order to
make a reservation for the class, prepayment is required
- Call us at
740-654-1842 or 1-800-654-2477 or stop by the front desk at
Shaw’s and take a tour of the Studio on the third floor
- Shaw’s gift
certificates are available in any amount and are valid for the
Restaurant, Inn and Cooking Studio
- Private class
events and larger groups can be accommodated with custom menus
and wine tasting
- The Hands On
Classes are limited to 8 students and you must be 18 years or
Demonstration style classes are limited to 14 students and you
must be 11 years or older.
- Classes are
designed and taught by Susie Cork, who is also the General
Manager of Shaw’s
- A Lancaster
native, Susie is a graduate of The Culinary School at Kendall
College in Chicago and honed her skills at Chicago’s top
restaurants for 17 years, including Ambria of the Lettuce
Entertain You restaurants
- She also
taught cooking classes at A La Carte Gourmet Kitchen and The
Chopping Block Cooking School in Chicago.
- March 29: The New Vegetarian- Hands on
- All items are gluten free as well as vegetarian
- Spaghetti Squash Bowl with Veggies & Lime Peanut
Sauce, Quinoa Eggplant Stuffed Marcato Peppers,
Strawberry Rhubarb Pocket Pies (gluten free). $55
- April 12: April in Paris – Hands On
- Cream of Asparagus Soup, Beef Tournedos with
Spring Wild Mushroom Sauce, Vanilla Bean French
Macarons with Rum Filling.
- April 26: Roman Holiday – Hands On
- Crispy Eggplant Fritters stuffed with Smoked
Mozzarella, Jumbo Chive Ravioli stuffed with a whole
egg & ricotta with brown butter, Rhubarb Panna Cotta
with Honeyed Strawberries.
- May 3: Wholesome Walleye - Hands on
- Almond Crusted Walleye with Citrus Pesto,
Walleye Tempura Bites with Malt Vinegar Mayo, Potato
Crusted Walleye with Lemon Champagne Buerre Blanc.
- May 17: Craberrific - Demonstration
- Crab Stuffed Artichokes, Crab Prosciutto
Fettuccine Primavera, Crab Chive Soufflé.
- May 31: Grilling French Style – Hands on
- Grilled Shrimp Tartine, Grilled Chicken Cordon
Bleu, Almond Financiers Grilled with Raspberries
- June 14: Lobster Mania - Demonstration
- Lobster Bisque, Lobster Corn Salad on Fried
Spanish Paella with Lobster, Mussels and Clams.
- June 28: Get Out & Grill – Hands on
- Grilled Spiced Beef Filet with Grilled Corn
Relish, Grilled New Potatoes with Blue Cheese
Vinaigrette, Fresh Peach Pie
- July 12: Postcard from Italy- Hands on
- Fried Red Tomato Caprese with Balsamic drizzle,
Easy Goat Cheese Arugula Ravioli with Pancetta &
Scallion Butter, Fresh Raspberry Lemon Almond
- July 19 & 26: No Class. Enjoy the Lancaster
Looking for Kids or Family Night Classes?
Susie also teaches classes at
St. Johns' church
the First Thursday of every month.
here for more information.
of our Cooking Class Schedule
~All menu’s are subject to change~
Add a cooking class for a discounted rate when you book any room.
Each hotel guest will receive $5 off per person for the class.
Paid reservations are non-refundable. A Shaw’s credit will be
issued if the reservation is cancelled 5 days prior to the
class. If the reservation is cancelled within 5 days of the
class, no credit will be issued. You are welcome to send someone
to take your place in the class.